This post may include affiliate links. View the full disclosure here.
This is one of my favorite recipes…and I don’t even have kids! Let me show you how I make these ‘healthified’ kid-friendly chicken nuggets. I like them because they’re real chicken. The cheesy coating doesn’t hurt either ?
Sometimes, we just need the words.
- 3 oz (90 g) broccoli florets (about 1½ cups/375 mL)
- 3 oz (90 g) cheddar cheese (3/4 cup/175 mL grated)
- ½ cup (125 mL) dry garlic and herb bread crumbs
- 1½ lbs (700 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) flour
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 egg white
- Canola oil for brushing pan
- Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce:
- ½ cup (125 mL) 2% plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1½ tbsp (22 mL) honey
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Place broccoli in Manual Food Processor and process until finely chopped.
- Using Microplane® Adjustable Course Grater, grate cheese. Add ½ cup (125 mL) of the cheese and bread crumbs to processor; process until cheese is finely chopped and mixture is combined.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and place into Classic Batter Bowl. Add flour and salt; mix to coat chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg white and add to batter bowl. Mix until chicken is coated.
- Pour broccoli mixture into large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken. Squeeze out as much air as possible; knead and shake to mix.
- Brush bottom of Large Bar Pan with oil using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush. Place chicken onto pan. Separate pieces into an even layer.
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). Sprinkle with remaining cheese; cook 1 more minute or until melted.
- Combine dipping sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Serve with chicken.
This recipe uses the Pampered Chef Manual Food Processor, Microplane Adjustable Coarse Grater, Classic Batter Bowl, Large Bar Pan, Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush and Simple Slicer. I also find the Measure All Cup and Petite Measure All Cup very useful for measuring out the mustard, yogurt and honey for the dipping sauce. These measuring cups slide in and out so you actually get all of the ingredients out of the measuring device.
Be sure to come back and tell me if you love it as much as I do! Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go make these for dinner myself.